Key Challenges for 2013
Transportation Gridlock in Urban Centres
Given that transportation gridlock affects economic growth and productivity, the environment and family life, what practical solutions should be pursued? Focus on:
- Cost of congestion
- Possible solutions (roads, transit, work off-site)
- Projected costs and how to pay for implementation and operating costs
Home Ownership Protection
How do we educate home owners (prospective and current) on the rights and protections available to them? What improvements can be made?
- Providing guidance and help to owners.
- Role of homeowner and ratepayer associations.
- Condo Act improvements.
Youth and Employment
How can we help young people prepare for and obtain appropriate and productive employment and still satisfy the needs of employers? Focus on:
- A 10- year forecast of most available job types and required skills
- Providing guidance on obtaining appropriate training, relevant studies
- Cost of education
- Get businesses to review their out-of-province outsourcing/manufacturing
- Getting education, business and government to work together to ensure the provision of training which will suit the needs of business now and in the future